Monday, May 30, 2005

I found a place to stay here. Well, actually Grandma Bev did. She asked everyone she met, I think, if they had an extra room I could rent, until she found a lady who did. Her name is Tina Seer and she works at the front desk here at the Prospector at night. She and her husband have a two-bedroom apartment with one bath, so we will have to share a bathroom, but I'll get me a little shower caddy and keep my stuff out of the way. It's much better than using friends' showers or paying $5 to use the one at The Alaskan Hotel.

Tina Seer has two children in their 20's and she's been a foster mom for several more. She says there're young people all over town who call her mom, so at least she knows what it's like to live with young people. The only rules are no alcohol, no overnight friends, keep my stuff in the bathroom tidy, and buy my own food and snacks. I can deal with that--working so much at the Silverbow, I'm getting accustomed to just eating there anyway.

I'm officially out of training at the Silverbow now and can take home my share of the tips, which so far has averaged $11.50 a day for three days. Not great, but hey, it's cash. I'll be able to do catering really soon. I'm excited about that. I really want to cater a wedding or a barmitzfa. That would be super-fun.

I saw a play last night, Columbinus, and it was amazing. Really powerful. It was about the events and people at Columbine High School. It kinda helps me understand how things could have happened there like they did. Shout out to Karl Miller, a lead in the play from Washington, D.C. Your troupe is superb.

Veiw Karl's Alaskan Adventure at

www.tundratastic.blogspot.com

and get another visitor's perspective.

Today is Memorial Day and I have off, so I'm gonna go socialize with Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home