Thursday, May 26, 2005

Days eight and nine

Wow. I guess it's a good sign that I've been forgetting to blog because that means I've settled in to the town and I've gotten busy with my job.

Today is thursday. I worked from 6:30am to 2:30am and just got home. Tonight I'll see Star Wars III with some people from the Silverbow, so I guess that means I'm making friends.

Grandma Bev left this morning to go on a boat tour called "Glacial Bay Tours". She'll return this evening and tell me all about her adventures.

Yesterday, I spent about 1 1/2 hours after work at this cute little new and used bookstore called Rainy Day Books. I met a guy who works there previously, so I wanted to check it out. It's pretty neat and they have a wide variety. I talked to a young Polish man also visiting the bookstore and he told me that I don't sound like Americans he's met from the other states. I guess that means I have a southern accent.

Grandma and I had dinner at the Red Dog Saloon again. There was a different entertainer there this time--a guitar player--though he played many of the same sing-alongs as the piano player. Thier food is so good and it's such a fun place. I get a kick out of watching the cruisers react to the entertainer. They hee-haw over every stupid joke. I was probably the same when we first went.

The sad thing is that both entertainers have a distinct air of boredness about them. I guess they get tired of the same thing every day but with new people.

I thought I might need an evening job eventually, so I picked up an application. Don't know if they hire part time. We'll see.

I just realized that I smell like sour cream cheese. I'm going to hop in the shower now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home