Monday, May 23, 2005

Day six

Sunday

In the morning, I headed off to work at the Silverbow for my first day of training. I was running a little late, literally; I was afraid of being late so I ran to work. I tried really hard to slow my breath and look relaxed when I got there--easier said than done--but Summer didn't say anything and introduced me to Anne who trained me, and to Abe. Abe seems to do most of the expresso making. Another girl named Liz is little and cute with great style, but she seems to do the least work. Even during the busiest time of day, Anne had to call her several times away from peeling carrots to help with customers. Anne is very knowledgable and courteous, even when customers are super rude like I saw some act yesterday.

I got off work at noon just as Michael was starting. He went with Jill, the owner, to buy flowers to plant in the garden (using the term loosely--I haven't seen any garden in Juneau yet).

All this time, Grandma Bev had been piddling around downtown, so she was gone when I got back. I took a nap. She returned with a Hematite ring for me and two sets of amber earrings, one for me and one for her.

The ring was a little small for my ring finger, so we went back downtown to exchange it and had pizza sitting on the dock watching floater planes take off and land. There were a few men playing bluegrass (minus the banjo), so we listened to them awhile. They were just a few buddies getting together to play, but they were really very good and I couldn't help but wish Jason was here with his banjo to join in. He plays so well.

Grandma and I got a couple pictures of a cruise ship with the mountains in the background. With all the cruise ships here, we hadn't gotten a picture of one yet.

Now to begin our Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home