Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tuesday

I haven't showered since Saturday night now. This is Tuesday afternoon. The wierd part is that I don't really feel all that dirty. That's probably a bad sign that I'm getting way too accustomed to being unclean. I'll shower tonight at the Alaskan where I can just rent a shower for $4.20. The guy that works there says there's no time limit on the showers, so I can even shave my legs! Haven't done that in quite a while.

I'm hiking up Mt. Juneau this afternoon. Hopefully I'll see a bear or a mountain goat. I'm quite excited. Yesterday at the docks I was, like, four feet away from a juvenile bald eagle. He was mottled brown, but I could tell that he was developing the white head and tail. He sat on a fence with his back facing me and his beak pointed straight at me. It looked like he had a broken neck. He was huge, and not scared at all, but just checking me out. It was so cool.

Work is getting better on some days and pretty bad on others. I hate closing on Saturday nights because we stay open 2 hours longer than usual and I don't get out until, like, 11pm. But today and yesterday I got to do catering, which is great because I don't have to listen to customers and have them repeat what they're saying 5 times, I can just read a list of stuff to make and make it without interruption. Today I made this beautiful 20 pound salad, lovingly decorated with rings of tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and croutons.

Times up on the library computer.

Love to all.

-Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home